For regular updates about our rescue work, please visit us on Facebook.
City Critters is a member of the Mayor's Alliance for NYC's Animals.
Please support our work with a donation!
Donations may also be mailed to:
- City Critters Inc.
- P.O. Box 1345
- Canal Street Station
- New York NY 10013
Animal rescue is very expensive!
How much we can do depends on our immediate financial resources and, just as importantly, on finding excellent homes for the animals we have, in order to make room for more. If you think you can help us, please donate, volunteer or give us a call.
City Critters receives no government subsidies and no major corporate funding. We receive a few small foundation grants, but most of the high cost of rescuing, vetting and fostering our rescued animals is paid for through adoption fees and donations, and out of our own pockets.
We are a few volunteers with jobs, families, and otherwise ordinary lives. We have no office, no shelter, no paid staff. But with community support, our dedicated volunteers are still able to accomplish hundreds of miracles each year.
What we need
- Money to pay our huge bills. Any funds we receive are immediately spent on vet care, pet food, medicines and transportation. All your tax-deductible donations directly benefit animals in need.
- Adopters: We need lifelong, loving, responsible homes for our animals. We especially need adopters for adult, middle aged, older, shy, and disabled animals.
- Foster homes: Our animals live in foster care until permanent situations can be found. Can you care for one or more of our "clients" temporarily?
- Supplies: Carriers, humane traps, cages, towels, cat food, pet dishes, pet beds, scratching posts, litter boxes, etc.
- Volunteers to help maintain our adoption areas at PetCo and PetSmart, provide transportation, etc.
Please contact us if you can help with any of the above.
City Critters is registered with AmazonSmile. It's a simple way for you to support us when you shop at Amazon, at no cost to you. When you shop at Amazon using the Smile link, you’ll get the same prices and shopping experience, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to City Critters.
You use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart and other account settings are the same.
It took a long time to rescue Mr. Muscles from his squalid and dangerous life as the free-roaming pet of a homeless cat fancier in lower Manhattan. When we got him, his head looked like raw meat due to untreated ear mites, and he'd had amateur surgery at the hands of his alcoholic "caretaker" after being shot. Your contributions give cats like Mr. Muscles a chance to live the good life.
Constantine was found in the East Village. Although he was clean, friendly and already neutered when found, and clearly had not been outdoors for long, he tested positive for FIV. Like many special-needs kitties, he found a home through City Critters.